Sunday, November 19, 2006

Countdown to being a domestic executive: 44 weeks to go

Life has been so busy I'd forgotten to recognise my countdown to being a domestic executive. Don't worry I'm not weakening my resolve and I'm bouncing back to remind myself that it's almost time to be putting together the new plan for 2007.

I'm now officially over my honeymoon period as a newby at work. After the letter incident I'm now seen as a force to be reckoned with. Little do they know that underneath I'm as soft as putty. Not wishing to ruin my growing personal brand I'm continuing to give people a hard time about how any muppet cannot do marketing and communications and you need skilled and experience professionals.

There are some people who still tell me that things have been seen and signed off by policy and legal as if I am suposed to get out my rubber stamp. It's like red rag to this taurean but I'm being as polite as I can in response.

The big difference with this job than any other I've have a new sense of empowerment that you just can't have when you're a signed up full time employed member of staff. Having a slightly independent perspective doesn't lessen my commitment to the work but gives me a slightly detatched view that enables me to be bolder than I might otherwise be.

One of the key reasons for going back to work (apart from money) was to get a social network of people and on that front I'm doing quite well. I'm starting to meet a wide range of people and collecting their business cards with one eye on future client potential. Mercenary I know but hey when you're goal is to be a domestic executive you've got to be determined to get what you want!

No comments: