Friday, August 11, 2006

The week that was

I've just realised how much I've neglected my blog this week, not intentional just a victim of colliding priorities. I never had this problem when I was a full-time domestic-executive!

But there's no point me hankering after my leisurely pace as its going to be at least another year before that dream becomes a reality. In the meantime, I'm taking an opportunity that will allow future domestic working to be more financially secure and sustainable in the longer term.

So, with plan in hand I can get back to the job of observing New Zealand life without the distraction of where things may be going in the future. To celebrate this momentous opportunity I've taking new inspiration from others who have trodden this path and am reading "It's a long road to a tomato - tales of an organic farmer who quit the big city for the [not so] simple life."

But, such plans of rural paradise are a long way from the realities facing my homeland with threats of mass murder in the air and the ongoing crisis in the Middle East. One wonders where it is all going to end, if it ever will, or whether the 21st century is going to be dominated by violence preventing ordinary people living a normal life safe from terror and distruction.

Bleak thoughts I know during what has otherwise been a positive week. Let's hope that things get better soon or at least don't get any worse.

No comments: