Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sign of things to come

Having finished my contract last Friday I've been enjoying the life of a domestic-executive. It's been a lovely interlude and one which has reminded me of the potential of things to come next year.

So what I have I done with this time away from the office. You guessed it, cleaning, shopping, washing and house building chores. I have taken time to hit 50 balls at the golf range do a 25 minutes whizz around Khandallah with a new friend who needs the exercise and got up to date with all my filing.

Now all I need is another week to do the sorting out, spring cleaning, get up to date with my emails, do my coaching reading and write up an article I've promised for the old school magazine.

But alas such pleasures will need to wait as its back to the grindstone for the next three days - a planning day with my new colleagues, meetings with the tax man and consulting for the Ministry of Health before finishing the week with a networking event for Government communications professionals.

Still its hump day and the weekend is looming. We'll be back to Kaitoke to try and work out whether our living room is going to be pointing the right way!

No comments: