Monday, September 25, 2006

Swimming of a new kind

I've just finished the first day on my new job and I've been overcome with all the information swimming in my head. You forget how exhausting it is to be the new person and not knowing simple stuff can be debilitating

Luckily the morning tea ritual saved the day and the warm welcome from all the staff made things much easier to deal with. Also, the lunchtime 5 minute quiz from the paper was a nice team building touch.

As for important stuff, I think that's yet to come with an increasing number of meetings planned that will no down continue that waterlogged feeling in the brain for some time to come. Just as well as MT was bemoaning the fact that September has been an exceedingly dry month with close to the lowest level of rainfall on record.

There's no pleasing us poms when it comes to the weather!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie

such dedication, updating us everydayon the wonders of Wellington! I am in the last 2 months of my time in England and I am really looking forward to leaving - if only to laze around on the beach for abit!

Take care

Lisette