Friday, October 13, 2006

Countdown to being a domestic executive: 49 weeks to go

Apologies for regular readers who I have let down this week by being so slow in updating my blog. The reason for this tardiness is that its been full on at work and I'm nearing the end of my coaching course so blogging has unfortuantly slipped down the priority list.

Being the new person is so exhausting - like my mate Martin's running alter ego I hit the wall about Wednesday with an aching brain trying to take in all the information and playing Government games. But you'll be pleased to know that I'm old enough in the tooth to now know when to disengage from it all and take a break.

Today I've been a domestic-executive after taking a well earned rest. Working a short week is certainly the way to go. I've been able to catch up with all those nagging jobs.

We also had some news which has meant a breakthrough with the new house. I was able to break the silence with the vendor on what's happening with the land. It turns out that there were some issues with land drainage that the council were not happy about and there was a potential that he would have to redesign the plots which would have impacted on us. However, today he got the go ahead from the Council that his solution was satisfactory which means that we can proceed with full steam ahead now.

This is exciting news after weeks of silence. The steps from her are for the plans to be registered with Land New Zealand which is the first step towards getting land title. He is also pressing ahead with finishing the road, getting the power installed and fencing put in. The proof will be in the pudding but I feel that I was talking to a very relieved man. Not half as relieved as I was feeling though.

Put that together with confirmation that our plans have gone for pricing with the builder and the final designs are being put together for a building consent application it's been a positive step forward in realising our dreams.

On the basis of this progress I'm scrapping all plans for domestic prowess in the kitchen tonight and joining the kiwi crowd for a fish n chup (sic) supper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely gob smacked. having known you for some x-teen years I'm dispapointed to see that you have used a p-word in your jottings. I almost choked on my Shreddies!
The issue of profanities in e-mails and documents is one that never ceases to amaze me though. One of our clients is a major regeneration agency in the south east of England. Because it is a public body, with no commercial interests whatsoever (it exists solely to spend UK and EU taxpayers money) it can spend its time developing high priced and highly (in)effective IT systems. Naturally it uses anti-profanity software. And naturally it works, blocking all those e-mails containing anything naughty - including, obviously, the word 'sex'.
This is fabulous for all of us working in Sussex, including all the local authorities, county councils, regeneration agencies and community groups that are fortunate enough to have the word 'Sussex' in their title or in the body of any document or e-mail.
Their e-mails get bounced with frustraing regularity.
You couldn't make it up could you?
Have a smashing Friday or whatever day you're on.
mart

Anonymous said...

in B
(I pressed 'Send' before completing my name.)