Friday, October 20, 2006

Countdown to being a domestic executive: 48 weeks to go

At times I've felt like a lollypop lady with a cardboard stop sign trying to stop Juggernaut lorries on the M25. Yes, it's been a bit manic with people coming from all directions making demands and having expectations. It is probably fair to assume that the new girl honeymoon period is over!

Still I survived the week with all its adventures, including an audience with our minister. You'll be relieved to know that I had done my revision for the test and can name the regulatory changes being made and the treasury estimates for savings. Pity I didn't get asked about any of that but there was plenty of focus on the sorts of biscuits that will be served at a forthcoming event. MT would have seen that as a key priority too.

Back in the real world we've had storms and sun this week so Spring is living up to expectations. Monday is labour day which means that its a long weekend. Yeah! There is a mass exodus from Wellington as people head off to dust of their beach houses. We are planning to go to the beach with our pack of sandwiches and flask of tea. South Wairarapa has some stunning coastline which is pretty much vacant of civilisation due to its isolated location. Watch out for the photoblogging.

Another milestone has passed this week, I graduated from my coaching course. This means I'm now free to market myself as a qualified professional coach. Still got to do some more test to get some fancy letters after my name but will work towards doing that by Winter next year (that's May/June for us). It's been a real learning journey which in the main I've enjoyed. The best bit now is working with real clients who work so hard to change their lives and I get to celebrate those achievements with them. Tough work but someone's got to do it, so why not me!

No comments: