Friday, October 27, 2006

Countdown to being a domestic executive: 47 weeks to go

As I stood having drinks in the bosses office tonight it was hard to believe that it had been a week since I had last stood there. Very sociable lot the kiwis.

It was a short week in the office and made shorter by the fact I was at the docs mid week getting some pharmaceutical relief to my crock back. A few doses of painkillers and muscle relaxant later I'm at least feeling now I can face the physio for some manipulation therapy.

Exciting week this week for both MT and I. Thursday 26th was the day that Telecom unleashed their broadband to the world. I'm still trying to work out what difference it has made to us (maybe its unleashed so much the photoblogging has been knocked out) but for MT its another successful product launch which hopefully means stress levels will lower again.

For me, it was the announcements of the biggest shake up of the social reform system in 50 years in NZ. All went reasonably according to plan although it was a little worrying to hear our spokesperson in high office looking more and more like Pinocchio as his confidence in media interviews grew and so did his assessment of the reforms. Still, combined with an arrest of a significant fraudster there was plenty to celebrate in the bosses office tonight.

I'm just pleased to have survived another week - next week it's staff planning days and I unleash my full powers on the staff. That will wake up a few of them from their slumbers!

The most exciting thing that's happened this week is that the Thorndon summer pool has opened and if it doesn't rain next week I might stretch myself with a few lengths in the heated pool after work.

No comments: