Friday, December 22, 2006

38 weeks to being a domestic-executive

Although maths is not my strong point there is a reason for me rapidly increasing the countdown to being a domestic executive to only 38 weeks. This is because I now have two glorious weeks away from the office - yeh....!

By about Tuesday this week I started to seize up and brain function was slowing to almost no existent pace. As the kiwis say - "I was over it !".

This sloth like behaviour has not been isolated to me. Most of my colleagues and friends were feeling the strain too. The general consensus is that it has been a busy year but people are more tired because the weather has been so lousy that the usual Spring like behaviours have been missing and its just been one long winter.

There is no doubt that the last three months have proved to me that I am truly over being a senior executive and my instincts have been right all along. I'll be ready after the rest to plough on with what I've been employed to do but with house and home plans shaping I can feel my focus shifting to a place I'd rather be. At home working as much as possible.

Still, not got to think about work for the next 2 (well actually 2 weeks and 2 days) so I shall set the Ministry to the back of my mind and concentrate on having fun!

No comments: