Thursday, December 07, 2006

EJ in Wellington

Did I want to be corporate wife and go to see Elton John? Why not, I said. So we did. Us and about 30,000 others at the Cake Tin.


It was a strange event on a number of counts. Being corporate wife is not something I do often but pleased that MT is getting the good stuff in recognition of his hard work. Being on the same pitch where we went to watch rugby gave a new dimension to being in the stadium. Also, just being at a concert which is not something I've done in a while.


Anyway, EJ played his heart out and was most sincerely folks to the crowd despite the fact that he'd flown in on his private jet and was flying straight back out and wasn't lingering to savour the kiwi hospitality. Remarkably I seemed to know all the lyrics and sang along much to the embarressment of MT. Fortuantly our host was also bopping along so I was on safe ground and not showing myself up (well not much anyway).


Everyone has been raving about what a fantastic event it was - and to be honest it was great. For once it was a pleasant evening and not too cold, the wind died down and the accoustics of the cake tin pretty good. Only problem was it was a school night and after several other party nights this week it was tough getting up this morning.

I don't think it will surprise you much to know that the furniture specially commissioned for EJ's green room back stage is now up for sale on trade me (kiwi = of ebay). Will be interesting to see who's mad enough to cough up for it.

No comments: