Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's not really the weather for building

The indian summer we've been enjoying in New Zealand has come crashing to earth in the last couple of days with relentless rain and storms. MT went off to the badlands of Auckland yesterday and packed overnight requirements in case the gales forecast were too bad to return home.

Luckily the storms blew through Wellington earlier in the day but there was still plenty of stormy weather to be seen from the air. Here's a few pics to show what it was like.


The dark clouds have been dumping their rain on Kaitoke for two days now and I dread to think what this has done to the mud on the building site. Fingers crossed that it hasn't hampered progress too much. We'll see at the weekend.
It's getting decidedly autumnal when the sun isn't shining so I think we must start to accept that the winter is heading our way, well OK autumn at least!
Soon be time to stock up on the pantyhose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J&M..I'm finding the time to enjoy your blog and I'm green w/ envy (on St. Patty's day) to see your new home site. How beautiful. It makes me want to come see it when it is done. Tell MT I'll write soon with more details on my happy(but less panoramic) life. - American Cuz - Lori