Sunday, June 03, 2007

Shattered domesticity

Apologies readers for the genuine break in blogging this week. Our computer decided to have a meltdown which has been an all consuming worry. The offending hard disk is still sitting in limbo for a recovery operation but we're up and running again in the meantime.

I've often mentioned how important the internet is to our daily lives - reading papers, downloading podcasts, emailing etc. When all that activity was curtailed it was like losing all the furniture in your living room. Although we were still able to use the laptop it isn't like having the master computer working in the ways it normally should.

Still, its over now and I'm determined not to morn the lost files. Well not yet at least. Big lesson learned about back up etc but thinking about what might have been is not a good path to take.

Another busy week for this executive domestic counting down to home working. Mid week bombshell is that my immediate boss is leaving so we'll be all change in a couple of months. I'm delighted for her but that means lots of deals to be done with her before she leaves to make sure that the final home run for me it's littered with stops and starts from the new person.

I've also been investing in being a domestic executive this week but topping up my coach training and networking furiously for future clients. Hopefully that will pay off in time. I've got two clients at work now which is keeping the skills ticking over week by week and have just finished my executive coach training which has lasted 12 weeks.

But as they say, all work and no play so the housebuild preparations are still taking up a lot of time and with garden designs to think about now it's all go.

No comments: