Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Not gone walkabout

No I'm not gone Australian and gone walkabout. It's been a difficult last week or so with bitterly cold weather, gadding about to Christchurch, rubbish time at work and a busy weekend at the Theatre and choosing stuff for house.

Excuses, excuses I hear you cry. No, just reasons.

No houseblogging this week either. The short story to that is that they have now locked down the house and we're unable to access it until we've agreed terms with the builder about when we can do this. We're suposed to be accompanied on all our visits which is quite challenging given that we can't get up there during the week.

Good news is that we've concluded most of the decisions on the house. Just need to choose paint colours and kitchen tiles and that will be it for the immediacy. Can't face the paint colours yet that requires a level of stamina that I just don't have at the moment!

I need a few days to clear the space in my head and hopefully I can get back into more regular blogging with news and views about kiwi land. For the moment, you'll just have to accept my apologies and look forward to my reports of going to Hamilton on Thursday, a new adventure to look forward to.

Only hope the tornados and torrential rain have gone by then.

No comments: