Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Excavating and organising paper

At the passing of another tax year I thought I'd get ahead of the game and start to work out my GST return (kiwi equivalent of VAT). It didn't take me long to realise that my neglect of business practices this year is going to make this a painful process.

After several hours of excavating my office I did find my well filed (yeah, right) receipts and copy invoices which gave me the excuse of spending time creating the filing system for last year. However satisfying it felt to finally get the FY 2007 in order before I realised that if I was going to be truly efficient it for FY 2008 I should really be thinking about. Cue another couple of hours getting ready for this year.

Let's just say that Domestic Executive enterprises for 2007 are not going to be record breaking but it's hardly surprising given that the emphasise for the year was on domesticity. Need to set myself some clearer financial goals but before that I need to get better at keeping the Domestic Executive Business house in order!

No comments: