Friday, April 04, 2008

Perhaps we need some Poles?

It's been one of those frustrating weeks where I spend ages chasing up people who we'd like to pay them to do work for us. Nothing earth shattering just fencers, landscapers and the like. It seems that here in New Zealand there is simply too much work for people of this kind and nailing them down firstly to a price and then a time is proving as difficult as it used to be in the UK to get a plumber or builder, before the Polish immigrants arrived.

I'm being to experience the butt end of the kiwi skills shortage and I can tell you it's frustrating in the extreme. I also feel like I've turned into a bit of a stalker ringing to get hold of people and decided that it's not worth leaving messages as they never return the calls.

I'm going to have to tackle this another way next week if I'm going to have any hope of getting the drive finished, trees order, fencing constructed and keep my sanity. I though that moving to live in the country was going to take away the executive stress. I'm beginning to see that it's not quite as stress free as I'd imagined

Still it's the weekend and hopefully the rain will hold off long enough for us to get the new lawn mover into action.

No comments: