Wednesday, July 26, 2006

3 strikes

Plans are shaping up to be a permenant domestic-executive. I've had three attempts to get permanent work - I fell at the first hurdle on one (no interview), stumbled with another (long listed but not shortlisted) and finally made it to the tape on the third strike (interview - preferred candidate status).

This whole recruitment experience has finally confirmed what I've instinctively known is that to go back to being a permenant corporate executive is the not right thing to do. I know friends and family expect for me to be lured back - and to be honest for a few moments it was a close run thing. But, with some luck, continued good performance and some cany negotiation I'll be able to negotiate a contract that will suit my needs best.

But that's not for this week - I need a break away from all this pressure. My more immediate worry is where I can find my summer shorts in the many still packed boxes as I'll need them for my winter sun trip away this weekend.

No comments: