Monday, July 03, 2006

Where's the routine?

I'm all at sixes and sevens - devoting 8 hours a day to employed labour places terrible time pressures on the leisurely routine I've grown accustomed to. Pressure is mounting because standards are slipping at home and I only managed 60 of my normal 80 lengths of the pool today.

It's a sharp reminder of the stresses that people face balancing work and life. What's needed is an adjustment of routine and reprioritisation of time - if only I had the energy.

Starting a new job is draining - all that concentrating and being social to one's colleagues. But, it's fun to have some people to chat to in the office and I'm sure in a few days I'll get the hang of it.

Well, that's my time allocation for blogging today - time to start the domestic night shift!

No comments: