Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Domestic dash

I know it's a bit cliché but being a domestic operative really is a full time job. It was much easier being an executive sitting a desk all day jawing to people about nothing of any real significance (compared to the rest of life).

I am looking forward to a break away from home in a few weeks to escape the domestic treadmill which I've been treading for the last few months. No joke, it feels like I dash around all day and when the sun goes down my batteries are flat and all I can do is haul my body off to bed.

I wouldn't change things at all though really. Getting up at the crack of dawn to take the puppies out to admire the beautiful summer morning beats the commuter rush. Fortnum, Mason and I leave all that rushing stuff to MT. Our world however requires stamina to keep going all day.

I hate to be premature in my announcements but it really does feel like summer is arriving. So far it's been the unpredictable not sure what's going to happen next type of weather. The skies are getting bluer, the wind starting to die down and the temperatures regularly reaching 25-30 degrees. Hopefully the good weather will continue for our continuing visitors as there is nothing more miserable than a holiday in the rain. Whatever happens, you can't beat the early mornings at the moment with the mist rolling down the hills with the sun shining behind. I wish I could capture this on camera as it really is a beautiful sight.

As I gazed out to the view this morning, I wondered do I miss the cut and thrust of corporate life. Heck no. When you've replaced the trim lattes for home made lemonade and the lunch box for a sandwich on the veranda you just can't beat it!

Don't be lulled into some romantic notion that I sit and look at the view all day. There are plenty of chores to be done and already the phone is ringing for executive work. I admit I'm putting that off for a while but it still requires some effort to win the business now. Hard to concentrate when there is more fun things to do around the house!

No comments: