Thursday, January 17, 2008

Teacher's Pets

I'm as proud as a puppy owner could be. The report card for our two boys came in from the dog trainer and behaviouralist said


"Both Fortnum and Mason are delightful and intelligent dogs. I was also impressed with their level of focus and attention-span during my visit."

Wow, who'd have guessed our bundles of mischief would be top of the class!

As you can imagine as soon as the lady with the bag of treats left the property our bassets returned to their normal ways running rings around me. Despite all the success of "sit" and "come" when you are dangling food in front of them when it comes to capturing their attention, and indeed them, when they are on a great escape is rather a tall order. Today they escape from my clutches to bound across the non-lawn down the paddock to hide in the grass by the washing line. Do you think that they would come back.........?

Anyway, you can't help but adore them when....
- they are asleep
- they wag their tails at you
- they bound over to you with their ears bouncing
- lick your face (really gross) to say that they love you!

Who do these remind you of? Just in case I might forget them for real, these replica bassets - a gift from my parents - are taking pride of place on the domestic executive HQ desk.


No comments: