Sunday, February 17, 2008

Basset breakout

The bassets have turned terrorist since they returned from their holiday. I'm trying hard to see this as a natural process of them growing up but am starting to feel victimised a little and increasingly convinced that these little ratbags are giving me the runaround after careful planning.

Yesterday I was taking five during the afternoon only to wake from my snooze to hear bassets bounding up and down the veranda. Hmm, me thinks that's not right, last time I left them they were locked in their puppy pen.

We had a basset break out and they were roaming around free range. Not sure how long but it's marked a turning point in our housekeeping arrangements with them. As well as the gate being latched at the top we're now tying the bottom of the gate which they'd worked out how to push out far enough for them to escape.

In my paranoid moments I have visions of them sitting in their dog house with Mason running terrorist training camps for the next retaliation for them being left behind when we went on holiday. It's certainly not Fortnum leading this behaviour he is simply too laid back to want to exhert unneccesary energy on such high jinks.

It is however hard to be cross with them for long. So back by popular demand, here's some classic basset poses.

"Now if she's tying the top that leaves the bottom free and if I push hard enough we'll be free"
"Us. we're doing nothing, just looking at you!"

In this picture you can see why Mason's litter name was "wrinkle". He's taken to wanting to sit in my lap, something he really didn't do before. This of course creates tension with Fortnum who's been climbing into my lap ever since he arrived.


Classic Basset pose in the sun.

Aren't they handsome?!

MASON

FORTNUM


1 comment:

tbogg said...

We absolutely love your boys.

I've been doing basset blogging for about three years now and your guys are absolutely delightful.

Our best to the boys.