Friday, February 15, 2008

Domestic Executive Lifestyle

It's been a real challenge this week to play the Domestic Executive. I've had great domestic plans but then the executive in my was required meaning two trips to the big smoke.

I was performing my first Catapult gig helping to facilitate a strategy review session for a cross Government project. It was interesting to observe and help focus the discussion which might otherwise have gone the way of most strategy reviews - way down into the detail and never looking back to look forward.

It was good to be using the brain again although the tensions of puppy care and domestic duties seems to make the stress levels rise. Boy was I pleased for Friday to come around and be focused on taking the mud off the kitchen floor and nothing else!

We've had lots and lots of rain this week which has been great for the water tank but not so good for keeping the puppies amused. They hate being caged in under the veranda even more than huddling in their dog house exposed to the elements. It tends to make them stir crazy so when the sun comes out again they start leaping all over which makes for a frustrating time when it's their muddy paws they are dancing on.

Funnily enough it's been hard getting into the swing of things just like when you're back at work. You need time to catch up with your emails, make contact with a few mates and have an unproductive time working down your to do list until at last you have to knuckle down and get something done.

I've high hopes for next week. Maybe the fencer will ring me back, the outstanding plants delivered, the weeds stop growing and my kitchen floor not continuously in a muddy state. Don't get me wrong this is what I wanted and I look for excuses to stay at home all the time!

No comments: