Saturday, February 02, 2008

Out of “blog” message

It's time for this Domestic Executive to take a holiday – yes a proper, get away from it all – break away from home. We're taking Fortnum and Mason back to their first home to live with another 7 basset hounds for the week whilst MT, I and parents head off to Golden Bay.

Golden Bay is in one of the most beautiful parts of New Zealand, top of the south island. For more see http://www.goldenbay.net.nz/en/guide.html We're staying in the Villars of Legar Bay and you can check this out at http://www.villasofligarbay.co.nz/

There is no sky TV, no DVD so we're packing the radio, petanque set and maybe a pack of cards. Not to mention the mountain of magazines and books I've been longing to read but never seem awake enough or have enough time to curl up and enjoy.

Whilst we are away the house is being invaded by builders again. They are going to remedy the broken under tile heating, dodgy plastering and wallpapering and hopefully completing the painting outside and in. I imagine that it will take a couple of days to take the dust away from the rest of the house when we're back. Fingers crossed that they manage to complete everything without any major hitches.

Since my last blog it's been the usual domestic executive business. I've got back into coaching with my two private clients and spent a day with Catapult colleagues, firstly, listening to Australia's youngest person to climb Mount Everest and then an afternoon bonding as a team. It was so tiring to engage the brain in ways that I haven't done for a while. It was fun too but I think it was my in-laws who had the most fun back at base puppy sitting with Fortnum and Mason. By all accounts they were terribly well behaved (the puppies that is) and a good time was had by all.

Brace yourself for when I return and there will be a mountain load of photo blogging from Golden Bay and tales of Fortnum and Mason's return to their roots.

No comments: