Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cruising the coast

It was a beautiful day today - sun shining with temperatures in the high twenties. A perfect day for cruising what can otherwise be a bleak coastline of the South Wairarapa.

It's been a while since I visited Cape Palliser as the last time we were there it rained, my back was really hurting and on driving home we found out from our prospective neighbours in Gilbert Road that the minx of a developer was hatching a plot which meant we would never be able to get the piece of land we were due to buy. All round it wasn't the best of days.

The fine weather and different circumstances made the trip today a real pleasure. We had to go hunting for seals as Sarah, my staying from the UK hadn't seen seals so far on her trip. I'm pleased to say that neither the sun, sea or seals let me down and they put on a real show for Sarah as you can see from this photoblogging.





I know, not sea or seals but the rural icon of NZ taking a stroll down the coast road when my in-laws were visiting and makes this photoblog complete.


No comments: