Saturday, March 01, 2008

A right caning

Big night out at the Rugby last night to watch the Hurricanes play the Chiefs. The local team delivered a right caning with a 39-19 win over the visitors.

It was a balmy evening so made for a pleasant night out. Although it seemed like touch and go whether we'd get tickets as the queue went for miles and people were reporting only a few tickets left. Seems that someone needs to go back to school to teach the ticket sellers how to sell and preferably more quickly without having to share the EPTPOS machines. Made me think we could do with Marilyn my friend's aunt who ran the ticket office at Sunderland Football club for years.

We were seated close to the front which to be honest I didn't find a great place to be as all you saw were chunky thighs and knees scrabbling around. At least when you're higher up you get a better sense of where the ball is and what's happening.

With The 'Canes dominating play at the opposite end from where we were sitting I was looking forward to the second half when play would be more at our end. But no, the Chiefs were striking back and I'm not sure I really got my money's worth of action.

Still, it was a warm and balmy night and the locals did win!


No comments: