Thursday, October 04, 2007

Houseblogging: I don't believe it!

This is my first week of being a domestic executive again :o). It should have been a leisurely start after counting down for so long. Not!

I started on Monday by turning into Victoria Meldrew. Yes, the female version spouting "I don't believe it". Up on site for my routine visit I took coat hangers as I'd had a suspicion that the bedroom wardrobes built into alcoves didn't look deep enough. Yes you guessed it.

So after much gnashing of teeth and lively phone calls to the architect, it turns out that the bathroom walls have been put in the wrong place making it impossible to create the depth of wardrobe we need. Fear not we have a solution which doesn't involve taking down all the bathroom walls but it's not without it's cost to the builders who are going to have to remedy the situation at their cost. Let's just say it wasn't a happy day in Moss Bros HQ.

Progress continues to be slow by our reckoning but we're still working towards a 1 November handover date.

As if that wasn't enough - there's been a strike at Auckland docks. Yes, you guessed it, where is out kitchen?! And, to add insult to injury MAF (Ministry of Agriculture and Food) want to inspect for any alien or illegal imports. So, that's delayed that.

I have to admit that I've had sleepless nights this week but no point worrying about what you can't control.

Back in the executive land I've done my dash for MSD this week and am now training to understand behavioural profiles for my coaching practice. At the end I'll be qualified to use the assessment tool to help people see how they behave and how this limits or excels their performance.

Done two sessions of the job squad this week - one uphill for 30 minutes. I can't say I'm enjoying it yet but it is good to be exercising properly again. One of my jog buddies suggested going for a swim. I'm a bit worried as she might take it one step further want to go cycling and before I know where I am I'll be training for an Ironman Triathlon. Pah, I've more sense than that!

Anyway, here's a few pics of the house to keep you interested. That's if you're passionate for roundabouts, floor tiles and light fittings. Hopefully there might be some painted walls next week to show.


Our new roundabout - MT is planning the municipal planting already!
Part tiling in master ensuite

Tiling to bathroom (yes the one with the walls in the wrong place)

Tiling to the family room - both ends

Signs of our downlighters in the family room ceiling

Pegs setting out for the barn (the ones painted orange)

Another view of the roundabout!

No comments: