Friday, October 26, 2007

Houseblogging: mixed blessings

I noticed something yesterday about builders in NZ I hadn't noticed before. Instead of it being a man in a white transit van, it's a man in a white mini van. I was visiting the plumbers (don't ask) and there were loads of them littering the parking and when I turned up to site there they were again. Also, someone emailed me and asked if builders here have the same trouser problem - actually not that I've noticed - the difference is here that they all wear shorts and big belts with tools. Doesn't seem to create the same rear view effect!

Anyway, to the house. Yes, more progress day by day. It's going to be a huge effort to get finished but we'll get there in the end. The kitchen is in - still lots to do to finish - like a benchtop - but otherwise I've very pleased.

Also, sun was shining on us again and the barn builders have been able to get the concrete posts in so they were back again to do the framing and rafters - I almost think we might have a barn soon. The digger man plugged on in the sun, singing to himself in his open cab (happy in his work I think). He's moved tons more soil and created an area for a lawn big enough to put the Rugby World cup stadium on. Probably need to let Minister for Rugby World Cup, Trevor Mallard know as the plans for Auckland seem to be going amiss for 2011.

So a day of blessings really - mixed because my knee is sore so have missed a few days running. Must get back to that this weekend and put my race entry in.

Builders vans
Kitchen in

Utility room in


Barn men at work

Digger man at work

Notice electrician at work (a rare sighting!)

No comments: