Friday, May 30, 2008

Bassets have domestic fears

Friday's are always busy days for a Domestic Executive. Getting ready for the weekend requires lots of elbow grease and careful bargaining for the weekend shop.

Today was no exception but I slacked off big time in the middle of the day to catch up with my friend who's just returned from a big trip to the UK. I could bore you all with the gossip and humorous stories but I won't.

Instead I'm hope you'll smile at my beloved bassets who hate Friday's or indeed any other day when the hoover (or in our case a Dyson) is wheeled out to suck up debris. Let's just say that they hate the domestic machinery with a passion. You might say they were scared.

Suffice to say that it takes quite a lot of belly rubbing to reinstate good relations with Fortnum and Mason after the mean, noisy rolling thing is put away in the cupboard.

"If we hide behind this milk carton and bone do you think it will get us?"

"Well the milk carton is no use it's coming our way. Let's hide behind our furry bone instead"

No comments: