Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Where has the autumn gone?

I know that my blog readers believe all I say but today I felt it was important to supplement with some evidence just incase there was any chance of confusion, doubt or ambiguity.

It is officially cold!

Minus one when I got up this morning at 6am, two degrees colder than when I went to bed. This is the solar thermometer showing the roof temperature. It was not an altogether pleasant experience.

We've still not got the programming right (or perhaps I should really say, he hasn't got it quite right) so it was a very swift dressing experience into layers and my trusty "smurf" hat which the bassets bought me for my birthday. Glamourous it may not be but warm and cosy it is.

The boys weren't lingering with their morning business heading back to bed at the earlist opportunity. We also had to defrost the car to do the commuter run. I lit the wonderful wood burner to make sure that the poor heat pump had some help.

But can you believe it ..... the sun is out and it's almost like a summer's day. I say "almost" because there is still a chill in the air but the temperature on the roof has climbed to a balmy 63 degrees! Honest - the camera battery is on recharge so you'll have to take my word for it.

I was talking to someone yesterday who was desparate it has turned cold. He reckons we've slipped from summer to winter and skipped autumn altogether. Hope not. Still need to get my trees in the ground. Oh the pressures of country living for this domestic executive!

No comments: