Sunday, June 01, 2008

It's a marathon not a sprint

For one that's completed the Great North Run I know what it's like to run a half marathon. Today we were gorse harvesting again and fueled with enthusiasm and a glass of barley lemon I was determined to set to and create enough of a view that you'd notice what gorse we'd removed.

MT thought I was being too enthusiastic and suggested that gorse harvesting was more of a marathon than a sprint. On one hand that put things into perspective but it was an equally demoralising thing to think that I've got to go through the pain of the Great North Run, not once but twice. I know my mate Ron wouldn't mind but I'm just not as fit as I used to be.

Still we did make some progress - although these pictures just don't do it justice. Just take my word for it. We are clearing the gorse and revealing - wait for it - more gorse! Yes, behind the first line is more, and more, and more.

This really isn't a marathon. It's an iron man/woman triatholon event. Just wish me luck!

Yes, those are gorse bush/tree stumps!



Look what we found hiding behind our dead gorse bushes - a live one!

No comments: